Sunday, August 5, 2012

Be Empowered by Your Inner Knowing

In my daily approach to life I trust my Inner Knowing, this guides my decision-making and actions. I believe this Inner Knowing is at the heart of the Mind/Body/Spirit connection. Inner knowing is a gift, ability, talent given to us by the Creator of All that Is. Choosing to trust my Inner Knowing is an act of faith. It is a moment-by-moment choice and it is my gift to the Creator. We live in a daily moment by moment cooperative creation with God the Creator, All That Is.

I view these statements as spiritual and not religious. I also view them as strengthening my discernment so that I am not manipulated by dogma, doctrine, or fear. We need to trust ourselves—not self-made millionaires, infomercials, questionable clerics, potentates, Homeland Security, or abusive friends.  

I identify myself as a follower of Christ. I really like his/her parable of the talents. Let me paraphrase the story. There was a Master that had a great estate. It was a very luxuriant estate with a beautiful and solid home. There were rich, green fields and sparkling, clear water. The sun was radiant in the sky blessing the crops, animals and dedicated, joy-filled workers. One day the Master said I am leaving to take care of my Father’s business in the next town. I’m not sure when I’ll be back but I will give you each some talents (money). I look forward to seeing what you have accomplished when I get back. The three workers received different amounts of talents. So the question becomes what did they do with the talents? Did they use them well or did they waste them?

In my culture we tend to have a limited view of the definition of a talent. Some would say this parable is about the right use of money (which it may be, as well as, open to other interpretations.) Others would look at the word “talent” in the English language as being an exceptional ability for music, art & design, mathematics, science, athletics, writing, oratory, leadership. There are also many other talents that generally go unrecognized and underappreciated, such as parenting and compassion.

I believe we are all given the talent (or blessing) of Inner Knowing. Some people call this intuition and view it as a quality of self. Others call it Inner Guidance and see it as a gift from God, resulting from a spiritual commitment. Some call it a “gut feeling” and don’t care where this talent came from—they are just very, very happy to have the ability to know what to do in a tough situation. And others believe it to be the result of brain chemicals and neurology.

Where ever you believe Inner Knowing comes from actually doesn’t matter. This talent is yours because Creation (or evolution) gave it to you. Therefore I suggest cultivate it, water it and watch it grow! Learn to use this talent—Inner Knowing.

Just like in the parable the more you use Inner Knowing the more accurate and precise it becomes. A talented musician may exercise her gift 12 hours a day. Daily we need to invest time in our inner knowing through meditation and mindfulness. Until one day, just like the talented musician who has developed the cell memory of a great cantata and does not play music but lives it, you will have Inner Knowing permeating every cell in your body. Inner Knowing will function through Mind/Body/Spirit for harmony, health and well-being.

The Mind, Body and Spirit will be in harmonious cooperation. If somebody tells you to do this or that, you will not be their pawn—for who knows what their motives are? You will be empowered to say Yes, that is good for me, or No, that is not right for me.

Trusting Inner Knowing/Guidance is an essential part of true freedom, and for the healing of the mind and body. If you hear truth you will discern truth, and if you hear an untruth you will know it and you will make an empowered decision. Listening to your Inner Knowing is the path to the right use of your Free Will and to manifesting a beautiful, joyful, healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment